William Mannet Reports & Reviews (1)
Scammer's phone +34 647 439 323
Scammer's email [email protected]
Type of a scam Rental
Initial means of contact Email
Rental apartment scamI put in an inquiry about an apartment and William reached out saying he owned the apartment and that his son lived there currently but was leaving for school. I thought the price was too good to be true and it was.
I got this email next:
Like I said in my previous email, I will do my best to be as transparent as possible during the whole transaction so below I will explain step by step how the transaction with the Cushman & Wakefield works, to avoid any misunderstanding please READ CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
-You need to provide me your information: full name (legal name that I will need for the lease agreement), mailing address (street, number, city and postal code) where you want to receive the keys and documents, cell phone number, move-in date and length of the lease agreement (e.g. 6 months or 1 year rental contract with option of renewal). The lease agreement will be a standard one from the Canadian government.
- Cushman & Wakefield will send you a notification(via email) with the transaction details and necessary documents for the rental agreement. According to the real estate laws from Canada they will also provide you with the terms and conditions of their company that you can accept or NOT in order to move forward with the payment process.
- If you decide to move forward with the payment process you need to send the amount of 3000$ (first and last month of rent from contract) following the payment instructions provided to you.
- Cushman & Wakefield will check the payment confirmation and I will start the shipping procedure through UPS Air Cargo.
- You will receive the package (keys, apartment documents and lease agreement) in 3-5 business days. After the keys will be delivered to your address you will have 5 business days (inspection time) to check the apartment. The inspection time will start from the moment you will be at the building.
- If you decide to keep the apartment you just need to sign the lease agreement and send a copy of the lease agreement with your signature to Cushman & Wakefield. If you don't want to keep the apartment you will receive a full payment refund including any payment fee.
I NEED TO BE SURE THAT EVERYTHING IS CLEAR FOR YOU SO PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL THE STEPS OF THE TRANSACTION BECAUSE I CAN NOT CHANGE THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS. ALSO I WILL PAY FOR THE COMMISSION AND DELIVERY FEES AND JUST IN CASE YOU HAVE SECOND THOUGHTS AFTER YOU AGREE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FROM CUSHMAN & WAKEFIELD. I WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND FROM CUSHMAN & WAKEFIELD!
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE AMOUNT YOU WILL SEND TO CUSHMAN & WAKEFIELD IS A GUARANTEE DEPOSIT THAT YOU HAVE THE FUNDS AVAILABLE AND IT CAN NOT BE RELEASED WITHOUT YOUR APPROVAL. I CAN RECEIVE THE FUNDS JUST AFTER CUSHMAN & WAKEFIELD WILL RECEIVE A COPY OF THE LEASE AGREEMENT WITH YOUR SIGNATURE.
Let me know if you have the funds available so we can move forward and e-mail me your full information I requested.
I emailed back that I would not be sending any money until I got a tour and he never responded. How stupid do people think we are?
William Mannet Contacts
If you know any contact information for William Mannet, help other victims by adding it!