Mr Klanci Vanderhyde Reports & Reviews (1)
Victim Location 80923
Type of a scam Rental
Last night, we contacted the number of a rental house listed on www.apartments.com and the "owner" responded with a very long, detailed email, saying that they had just moved out of the state due to a job change with tons of details, and needed all of the usual rental information (names of people applying, any pets, phone numbers, current address, etc). We were welcome to drive by the house, but would need to be approved to enter and tour the house.
I texted the number they gave, to say that we are filling out the form and will get it to them as soon as possible and they responded saying "Sounds great. Please let me know once you fill it out so that we can proceed further". Also, in the email, they stated: "I want you to know that before we left the state, we never had an intention of renting this home until we got down here, should in case we had an intention of renting it we would have put down someone to handle it on our behalf but due to our last experience with a realtor that is why we decided not to have a third party for the rental, as the realtor did something absurd by inflating the price of the home so due to that we had to terminate contract"
I got suspicious, so I:
- looked up the property address on the county assessor's site and it showed a completely different owner of the house,
- so then, I googled the name they gave, which was "Mr Klanci Vanderhyde" and found that Klanci Vanderhyde is a female realtor that works in Virginia.
- Then, I googled the phone number they gave, which was "(765) 205-6952?" and found a number of properties around the country, on different websites, showing this phone number and a reasonable/attractive rent rate with one common "hook": the utilities were included in the rent amount because the owner is part of a "governmental program that sponsors my utilities on a monthly basis".
The number that I texted last night tried to call me 3 times today, never left any messages, plus sent a text saying, "Let me know if you are no longer interested".
All indications point to this being a scam:
- listing disappeared from website after 1 day
- same house listed on other rental sites shows different rent price
- unusual email address: [email protected]
- name of "owner" doesn't fit with the county assessor's owner name
- unique name given for "owner" is a different gender working in a different job in a different state
- poor grammar in parts of email
- extreme amount of detail as to why they moved, what their job is, and other items
- urgency in trying to get ahold of me via phone and text
Mr Klanci Vanderhyde Contacts
If you know any contact information for Mr Klanci Vanderhyde, help other victims by adding it!